Steps to Build and Run a Project in Device in PhoneGap 1.1.0 using XCode 3.2.6
1. Connect your device to the MAC m/c.
if Xcode displays the “unknown iOS detected” dialog, let the Xcode collect the information
about the iOS version by clicking “collect”.
2. Now launch “Keychain Access”.
application -> utilities -> keychain access.
3. Click on the login. if it is lock, unlock it.
4. Drag and drop the Developer Certificate ( “Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certification Authority.cer” )
if you don’t have the certificate then follow steps here:
5. Again drag and drop the .p12 file ( “CertificatesDev.p12” ) to it ( keychain access -> login).
Here it will prompt for a password : enter your password
6. Now do a double click on the provisioning profile ( “test_dev_prov.mobileprovision” ). it will open
in the Xcode -> organizer inside “Provisioning Profiles” under “Development”.
you will see your device name under “included devices” with status as installed.
if some warning is showing in yellow bar, then the certificates are not installed correctly or something wrong with the certificates.
7. Now open your project and goto “[project_name]-info.plist” present under Resources.
change the “Bundle identifier” to “com.company_name.[project_name]”.
8. Go to target and right click on the application “[project_name].app” and select
"Build [project_name] and Debug". and its done.
you will see the application running on your Device.
The binary file "[project_name].app" is present in :
[project _folder] -> Build -> Debug-iphoneos