In this tip I’m going to share two things, one is how to add your favorite Google products to your website and also how to use Netsuite portlet to add such features on your Netsuite dashboard.
Google Web Elements:-
This is a feature provided by Google to embed most of its products onto your website. You just need to copy the iframe tag provided by Google for each of its product.
In this tip I’m going to embed Google News elements to our Netsuite account. Simply just include this iframe code provided below to show Google News elements in your website.
<iframe src="http://www.google.com/uds/modules/elements/newsshow/iframe.html?format=300x250" frameborder="0" width="300" height="250" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0"> </iframe>
Click here to get your customized Google web element’s iframe code.
Show this on your Netsuite Dashboard using Portlet:-
1) Write your portlet script as shown below:-
>>Portlet Script Code:-
function GoogleNews(request, response)
var content = "<iframe frameborder=0 marginwidth=0 marginheight=0 border=0 "+
content = '<td><span>'+ content + '</span></td>';
portlet.setHtml( content );
2) Goto Netsuite > Setup > Customization > Scripts > New. Now select type as ‘Portlet’ to create a new Portlet SuiteScript.
3) Lets set the Name as ‘Google News Portlet’ and select the ‘Portlet Type’ as ‘Inline HTML’. And add the above script .js file and the function name to that Portlet script. Then perform a ‘Save and Deploy’ for the script.
4) Deploy that script.
5) Now go the the Netsuite home page. Click ‘Personalize Dashboard’ present in the right hand side corner.
6) Then from the ‘Add Content’ panel select a ‘Custom Portlet’. This will add a ‘Custom Content’ to your Netsuite Dashboard.
7) In that ‘Custom Content’ panel click on the arrow present in the right hand side corner and select ‘Setup’. Now from the ‘Source’ dropdown select your Portlet, like in our example its ‘Google News Portlet’ and then save it.