Setting up MOD_h264_streaming server on Ubuntu.
Please find the steps for setting up a MOD_h264_streaming server on Ubuntu.
- Create downloads directory in logged in user home == /home/<username >
- Create mod_h264 directory in /home/username/downloads/
- cd mod_h264
- Copy the apache_mod_h264_streaming-2.2.7.tar.gz (also uploaded here to this location: /home/username/downloads/mod_h264 )
- run following commands in this new dir /home/username/downloads/mod_h264
sudo apt-get install apache2-threaded-dev
tar -zxvf apache_mod_h264_streaming-2.2.7.tar.gz
./configure -with-apxs=`which apxs2`
sudo make install (NOTE: you can run just make install if logged in as ro
Open Apache conf
Add following lines to it
LoadModule h264_streaming_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_h264_streaming.so
AddHandler h264-streaming.extensions .mp4
TO TEST IF IT WORKS
open chrome and see if you can get only 3 sec video by typing this in
another test you can do is
wget -O testclip.mp4 http://localhost/test/oceans-clip.mp4?start=20&end=23
then browse to
* If you see 3 second clip all is well with server config
NOTE: To check if player allows for streaming or requesting cue points you need to tail -f apache access logs
sudo tail -f /var/log/access.log
** The tar from the above URL does not have make so please use the a correct tar. I didn’t find a way here to upload the tar files so, I am not able to upload the tar that worked for me.