Home » Tips » Java » Decompile a Java Class
This tip demonstrates, step by step, how to reverse engineer a Java class file using a free decompiler program called JAD.
The first step would obviously involved downloading a decompiler, which in our case is JAD. http://www.softpedia.com/get/Programming/Debuggers-Decompilers-Dissasemblers/JAD.shtml
Unpack the zip folder in a particular drive folder.
After unzip a “jad” folder will get created. Here you will find one .exe and one .txt file
4. Copy any class file inside that “jad” directory for testing purpose, ex. MyClass.class.
5. Open command prompt and move inside the “jad” directory.
6. Run the below command
D:\jad\> jad MyClass.class
7. A new file named as MyClass.jad will get created in that directory.
8. Rename the MyClass.jad file to MyClass.java.
9. Open it, and enjoy the decompiled code.