If you want to import SQL Data to Filemaker, first of all you need to create a ODBC Connection to the SQL Server.(if already available use it)
Open the ODBC data source administration , Go to the System DSN and Add SQL server you want to connect with proper Login ID and password.Then it will import all the records from SQL server to filemaker. We can also run the import script using server schedule script where automatically the Filemaker data can be updated hourly, daily or monthly as required by the user.
Then in Filemaker go to import records
– Create a new table with same field names as in SQL Server Table.
– Then from File Menu select ODBC Data Source
– Give login ID and Password for connection.
– Select the table name in which you want to work on.
– Then select Calculated SQL result.
– In the calculation box write the SQL Query like you write in SQL.
– In import Field mapping select “Arranged by:” matching names (Don’t need to select any “Source” name)
http://www.mindfiresolutions.com/filemaker-development.htm, Sr Developer, Mindfire Solutions.